Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mezamashii Project

The Mezamashii Project might be on the the most genius marketing campaigns to hit the the running world. Instead of spending millions of dollars telling runners why Mizunos are the best running shoes, they are instead putting their $$$$ where their mouth is and giving away thousands of pairs of running shoes to let you see for yourself.

What exactly is the Mezamashii Project in Mizuno's words:
An effort by Mizuno to help create more euphoric running experience- a more "brilliant" run- for more runners everywhere. The word "mezamashii" means "eye-opening" or "brilliant" in Japanese- it's a word that captures the euphoric feeling of a brilliant run.

Over the course of the remainder of the year, Mizuno will give away thousands of shoes to runners who are looking to experience a more euphoric, brilliant, mezamashii running.

Mizuno believes their shoes can help runenrs achieve this mezamashii feeling more often, so they're inviting thousands of runner to receice a free pair of shoes and join their quest for the brilliant run.

I applied to be a part of this project back in June and recently heard back from Mizuno two weeks ago that I had been selected. I was excited because I have never once worn Mizunos before, but have heard great things about them. After doing some research I decided that I wanted to try out the Wave Rider 15 because they are a neutral shoe, similar to my Brooks Ghost 5s that I have been wearing.

I did a lot of research on the type of Mizuno shoe I wanted before I called and placed my order. I was surprised because I thought the person from Mizuno was supposed to walk me through the process and make sure that I was selecting the correct shoe. The person I spoke to did nothing but take my address and the shoe size and model I wanted. Not really a big deal to me because I didn't need the guidance, but to someone else it might have been needed.

When my WR arrived I couldn't wait to try them on- they felt so light! I weighed them on my scale and compared to my Ghost 5s they are over 1 ounce lighter. The first night I wore them I was lifting. I just wanted to be able to get a good feel for them before I tried running in them. Not only did they feel light on my feet, but they felt super cushioned on my feet.

I have since worn them for 3 runs so I have about 10-11 miles on them. The first running workout I did with them I couldn't wear them for the whole workout and I had to switch into my Ghost 5s. I felt like I may have needed to break them in a bit more before I tried running in them for the first time. After that first workout I wore them around my house more to let my feet get used to them. The second and third running workouts went much better. I am loving the shoes a lot!

I am not running high mileage right now (9-12 miles a week), but I am looking forward to breaking in my new WR and in the future checking out more Mizuno running products.

Check out Mizuno Running at: http://www.mizunousa.com/running


I am obsessed with this color combo!


Ready to get my brilliant run on!

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration