Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Brooks Gear: Review #1

I am a pretty lucky gal to get fitted in the newest Brooks gear as a member of Brooks ID. I recently received some great new pieces that I wanted to share with you. It is official that I now have more workout gear than “normal” clothes. I wish I could wear my running clothes all day! Anyone else ever feel like that?

Sampling of some new gear

Look for new reviews over the next couple of weeks as I am only going to showcase a few pieces at a time. I know, keeping you in suspense! I had Mr. Healthy Diva take some photos of me in the gear so you can get an idea of what it looks like on. Don't judge my photo editing skills. I don't have time to make the backgrounds look pretty. :-)

If you click on the pricing options, the link will take you directly to the product on the website. 

Utopia Thermal Hoodie II
Color options: black, lime green, teal, purple, dark pink

This hoodie is hands down my favorite hoodie! Let me just try and describe why I love it so much. Really, I don't think I have hardly taken it off since I got it.

It has zippered pockets
Thumb holes
Has reflective stripes
Has a cell phone/ Ipod sleeve on the inside
Two additional pockets on the inside as well
Form fitting and cozy warm
Hood fits snug around your face
And lastly, probably the greatest feature.....it has a hole on the hood to pull your pony tail through!

I only wish that I would have ordered a small, but sometimes it is hard to gauge what size to order. I can easily wear a sweatshirt underneath. I have worn this hoodie everywhere, hence the reason why I never take it off. It was great to wear for snowshoeing a couple of weeks ago. Kept me toasty warm!



Women’s Utopia Thermal Cozy Pant
Color options: grey, black/purple
Length options: petite, regular, tall 

These are the perfect winter go to pants! I wore them snowshoeing as my outer layer and they kept me at a comfortable temperature. The thin layer of fleece lining is just the right amount. I like the detail of the purple across the bank of the pants too. Added bonus is that these pants match my Utopia Thermal Hoodie II without being annoyingly “matchy”.

Women’s Glycerin Pant III
Color options: black, grey, black/polka dot
Length options: petite, regular, tall
Color options: black/dark pink, black/lime green/purple, black/teal

I have wanted to try out the Brooks pants for a long time. I don’t know why I waited so long because they are awesome! They blew my NIKE pants out of the water with comfort and style. These pants are very flattering and fit me like a glove. I love the detail on the waistband too.

I have worn the Glycerin pants to Farmgirlfit and put them through a grueling workout test. They passed with flying colors.


Socks: Essential No Show (2 pack)
Color options: black, white w/multiple colors

Another product that I don’t know why I waited so long to try. Socks from Brooks rock! Hands down best running socks I have ever owned. I have small feet (size 7) so sometimes it is hard for me to find socks that have a good fit. These socks come in different sizes: small, medium, large, & extra large. I ordered the size small and they were the perfect fit.



Questions for you:
What is your favorite piece of workout gear?
Do you have more workout clothes than "regular" clothes?

--Tasha




35 comments:

  1. Great new gear. Pony-tail hole in the hoodie? That's a new one, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It as a really cool feature! I still haven't used it yet, but I will!

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking yesterday that I need to find a job where I can wear running clothes all day. The only problem is that my idea of working at a running store is unlikely to pay my current salary. Then I decided I could become a surgeon so that I could wear scrubs all day, but I'm afraid of blood. So, for now, I can't wear comfy clothes to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I know. I have thought about working in a running store too. LOL. I told my hubby that he needs to double/triple his salary so that I can quit my job. I couldn't be a surgeon either. Plus most surgeons aren't very nice.

      Delete
  3. What a haul! I love all of my gear, my review on "essentials" will be up this week....too bad there's no way I can use the thermal top...I'd cook lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am sure that our purchases were the polar opposite from each other Kat. :-)

      Delete
  4. That hoodie is so cute! I need a new running jacket, my favorite one is looking pretty sad:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great hoodie for running AND it is on sale. You might even be able to find it at the outlet Rachelle.

      Delete
  5. I love brooks wear! The Glycerin pant looks SO cute! I need to find a job where i sit around in running clothes all day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I dream about being able to wear my running clothes all day. They are so comfy! Literally one of the first things I do every night when I get home is to change my clothes. I hate having to dress up!

      Delete
  6. I think I'm on the cusp of more workout then regular. Loved the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also live in workout gear and just ordered some Moving Comfort (partnered with Brooks). Love that hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard good things about Moving Comfort. :-)

      Delete
  8. Love Brooks! I'm a pharmacist so I wear scrubs but on my days off I wear running clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrubs would be comfy to wear everyday too! Better then dress slacks. :-)

      Delete
  9. Yes, I do have more workout clothes then regular clothes! Thankfully I can wear some of the workout clothes to work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky that you can wear them to work. I used to kind of be able too, but not in my current job.

      Delete
  10. Yoga pants for sure!!! I love that sweatshirt--so cute and well thought out for running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at all the detail on the hoodie. It is perfect for outdoor running.

      Delete
  11. Oh man... you're totally making me wish I had a full time income! So love all of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am addicted to getting new workout gear. I always look at workout clothes before I look at anything else. :-)

      Delete
  12. I sooo wish I could live in workout gear! That hoodie looks amazing and super comfortable. You had me at thumb holes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love the hoodie Lora. Perfect for running in NYC!

      Delete
  13. Those are all cute! I've been living in underarmour lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UA has some great pieces too. My hubby has a lot of UA stuff for football.

      Delete
  14. These look like definite perks of your Brooks role! I love the look of all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love this gear! And really, those are great sale prices for the product. :) I think that my favorite running gear would have to be my compression sleeves and my compression pants. Got to love em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sale prices are really good. I love a good deal! I believe that soon...not sure when, but Brooks will be releasing some compression gear. I am excited and cannot wait to try it out!

      Delete
  16. That hoodie looks very stylish on you :) I also like the glycerine pant- haven't tried most of these items out, so glad to get your opinions!! I should invest in these....I DO get to wear running clothes all day, but try to shower between workouts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raina. The hoodie is so comfy. I wished that I could wear it everywhere. Super jealous that you get to wear workout clothes all day.....big sigh....maybe someday I can. One of the first things I do every night when I get home is change out of my yucky "dress up" clothes.

      Delete
  17. Super cute clothes! I am very addicted to work out gear so it took all of my strength not to click on those links and hit the "purchase" button. One EVERY SINGLE ITEM! I could totally wear work out gear all the time! Sometimes I think the only reason I started running was so I could validated buying the gear... p.s. you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the great clothes finds. I am pretty sure I do have more workout clothes and normal clothes. I like wearing them more and find them funner to shop for. So glad I don't have to dress up for work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness yes on the more-workout-clothes-than-real-ones. And the shoes. Gods, the shoes. It's all becoming a real problem...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments & inspiration