Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Recap




My motto for March

I set the lofty goal at the beginning of March to run at least 100 miles for the month. The month went surprisingly well considering I missed a few days of running due to a pesky strained muscle. By the end of month I was able to crush my original goal and ended with 123.62 miles. In January I ran 62.95 miles and in February I completed 83.30 miles.
Each month I have been able to add 20 + miles per month. In some strange way, running has given me a lot of energy during this pregnancy and has let me gain some of my sanity back. This entire pregnancy is flying by, in just a few short weeks I will be into my 3rd trimester.  I am looking forward to my two upcoming half marathons, but haven’t signed up for any races other than Bloomsday on May 1st. I am contemplating adding one, maybe two, more half marathons, but don’t want to commit just yet. Each day I get to run during this pregnancy is a happy day. I don’t want to take these days for granted.

Week 1: 30.75 miles
Week 2: 32 miles
Week 3: 24.43 miles {extra rest days}
Week 4: 24.92 miles {extra rest days}
March 28th-31st: 11.56 miles

Rainy day Easter miles with a view of downtown Spokane

I am nervous to be running San Francisco this weekend, but like last time I ran there, I am just doing it for the experience. I was ¾ of the way through marathon training when I last ran the SF half a couple of years ago. I remember it as being one of the more difficult races I have ever finished, but it also had the best scenery. It will be a bonus to have my Little person there too! I am more excited to take her with us so that we can take her to zoo and aquarium. She is obsessed with monkeys so a visit to them is a “must do” event!

After we get back from our mini vacay it will be another lower mileage week with half marathon #21 on Sunday. This will also be a hilly half, but in an area that I frequently run so I am familiar with what I am getting myself into.

My goal for running into my 3rd trimester is to run 20-25 miles per week, more if I feel like it. For the month of April I would like to run at least 100 miles again. I doubt I will be able to run more miles than March since I feel like I am “growing” every single day.

There are PLENTY of days I don't "feel" like running, but I always feel a million times better after the first step


Little doesn't want to be friends with the EB

22 week comparison- I am definitely starting to grow now!

--T


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration