Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tough Decisions- Ragnar

It is official that I had to pull out of Ragnar next weekend. It is something that I should have known was coming, but I kept thinking that I would still be able to run. I knew that I would be slow, but I at least thought I would be able to participate with all of my awesome teammates from NUUNKOTB. Once I started to "run" I realized what a terrible idea that would be. My coach and physician strongly advised and encouraged me to make the decision to not run. I, of course, wanted to prove them all wrong. With my hip pain returning I figured it was best to sit this one out. My coach and physician were primarily worried that I would injure myself further and cause more setback with the progress I have made over the last couple of months. With all the time and $$$$$ I have spent going to the doctor, PT & chiropractor I figured that wouldn't be a good idea to have to start from scratch again.

All of my teammates are incredibly awesome and have been so supportive. I have no doubt in my mind that we will get to run a relay again someday. I am looking forward to hanging out with all of them the next time I am in Seattle.

Questions for you:
Have you ever had to pull out of a relay?
Have you not taken the advice of a a coach or doctor and ran anyway?

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration