Thursday, July 12, 2012

I graduated to 300 repeats!


I have not been writing much lately and it’s mostly because it is summer and I have been super busy. I have been reading everyone’s posts in the morning while I enjoy my coffee. It seems like that is the only time of day I have to catch up on everyone’s fun summer adventures. J

I met with Matt on Monday and we had a really good conversation about…well, everything! I voiced my concerns with my progress and about running Boston. He offered some great advice to me as both a running coach and as a family man. It was good to have a prospective from each side that was unbiased. Definitely had my head whirling as I drove home, but in a good way. I have a lot of stuff to think about, BUT I think that I am making the best decision for me and for Mr. Healthy Diva.

After we had a chance to talk about everything we did a very quick modified workout. He had created a new cross training program for me so we went over the new KB lifts and then he checked my progress on my form drills. I am proud to announce that there has been a BIG improvement! Obviously, not perfect, but Matt was able to noticeably see that I have improved over the last week. It is amazing what one can accomplish in 7 days with some dedication.

We also hit the track so he could see if I had made any progress on the technique drills. I am glad that we had the opportunity to do this, because I wasn’t exactly doing it right. Part of it was right, but my stride was a touch too short so I was really “hoppity hoppity”. Once I lengthened my stride it felt more natural and even relieved some pain from my hip area. I was able to graduate from 200 repeats to 300 repeats. However, I can still only run/jog every other day (as long as I am not in pain). My new running “workout” consists of 5 x 300 repeats with a 100 walk. This is slow, giving me a chance to really focus on my form. I think right now my only speed is slow, so this is okay. J

I did the workout last night on the track- it was a whooping 98 degrees. Hello summer! Luckily the drills only take about 10 minutes and the "running" took me exactly 13:27. I remembered what Matt had said about lengthening my stride just a touch when I was running. Even though I am learning a new running technique each time I go out it starts to feel a little more natural. I am still absolutely loving my Ghosts- they are AWESOME!!!!

Some of you have asked what type of running drills I am doing. I am planning a post on this next week so stay tuned. J

I also wanted to quickly say THANK YOU to everyone for all of your kind words and encouragement that you have given me. Definitely makes me feel lucky to have such a wonderful and strong support network. You have no idea how much your comments have meant to me. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration