Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Girls just wanna have fun

I am super sad to see this last weekend end so quickly. SIGH. Cass made the trek to Spokane and we had a really fun girl's weekend. She is getting married in less than a month so technically it was her last girl's weekend as a single lady. Don't worry, we were well behaved.

Thursday  night we hung at my house and enjoyed some yummy chilled wine. Don't judge, but after a while we may have broken out the boxed wine. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do right?!

Friday I had to work for a 1/2 day and then after that I did my running drills workout on the track. It as HOT, HOT, HOT. I made delish turkey tacos for dinner, even perfecting my already amazing recipe. After stuffing our face with food we meandered our way to the Lantern where Mr. Healthy Diva and his friend met us. It was a gorgeous summer night so we made the most out of it by sitting outside. I  was really excited to take Cass to the Lantern because it is one of my favorite places to hang out- super chill and fun people.

Love this man- Mr. Healthy Diva

BFFs

Rhett seriously wants you to call him maybe....(best bar pic ever....it was warm outside)


Saturday was a late start to the day, but we definitely made the most out of it. We went wine tasting at Arbor Crest in the afternoon. We shared a bottle of wine and just hung out. It is always great to just catch up with Cass because we don't get to see each other as often as we would like. It has been fun to hear about everything she planned for her wedding next month. I have no doubt that her special day will be perfect! After enjoying our wine we walked around the winery until a "rent a cop" told us we had to leave in 10 minutes (by 5:00 pm) if we weren't there for the wedding. Okaaaay.



After wine tasting I was dying to take Cass to the West Wing for a late lunch/appetizers before our dinner date. The West Wing is the most amazing Greek food ever. Hands down, it is fantastic. They are known for their garlic which I can never get enough of. I took it upon my self to order for us since I knew that Cass would love what I had selected: Hummus and fried feta. If you have never had fried feta before, you haven't lived. It is AMAZING! Words can't describe how wonderful it really is. You have to try it! Cass thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, seriously.

We had a dinner date planned at Casper Fry with two of my girlfriends, Jenna & Nina. Casper Fry is a new restaurant in my neighborhood that everybody has been talking about since it opened last month. We each had a mint julep (yes I felt sophisticated and yes I was upset I wasn't wearing a derby hat!) that was very refreshing. For dinner I had the pork belly dish. OMG. WOW. It was really good! It was served with spicy hollandaise, BBQ sauce, a maple braised cider reduction, braised greens, poached egg & a toasted brioche. The egg was a different touch, but it really made the dish. It was incredible! Was Casper Fry worth all of the hype? ABSOLUTELY!


Mint Julep at Casper Fry 

I am so glad that I got to spend the weekend with my best friend. It was so much fun to have her stay with me for a couple of days. She was a good distraction since Mr. Healthy Diva studied all weekend for his Series 66 test that he was taking on Monday (yesterday). He passed with flying colors and I couldn't be more proud of him. He has accomplished so much at his age- he has a very bright future!


Questions for you:


Did you have a good weekend?
What is your favorite thing to do on a girl's weekend?

--Tasha




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration