Sunday, June 3, 2012

The weekend I made the elliptical my b*tch

I was busy this weekend, but was determined to get in some good workouts. I am so paranoid about not keeping my cardio up since I can't run. I don't want to have to start back at zero once I get the clearance to hit the pavement.

Last week I spent a lot of time on my spin bike (including making my first VLOG) ranging from 60-120 minutes. I combined this with abs and lifting. I knew I was lifting hard when I would wake up the next morning feeling "awesome" (my coach says I can't use the "S" word..s*re).

On Saturday my rear could not take another spin workout so I went to the rec center and did an elliptical workout for 60 minutes and then I lifted and did abs for another 60 minutes. It was a great workout...left the rec center with shaky arms and legs. My elliptical workout was 2 minutes recovery, 1 minute hard for the whole 60 minutes.

BAM!

Just a little sweaty after 60 minutes on the elliptical with day old mascara running down my face. Nice.

Sunday is typically what I consider to be my long run day so I decided to hit up the elliptical for a longer workout of 2 hours. Yes, it sounds insane and yes it was insane. It was very mentally challenging, especially the last 20 minutes. I was D-Y-I-N-G. I was super annoyed that the elliptical are programmed for a max workout of 60 minutes so I had to stop and then re-start. 

I really wanted to beat my distance from Saturday...I barely made it. Can you tell that I am uber competitive?!?! The workout was the same as Saturday's workout, 2 minute recovery w/ 1 minute hard. The HR is not accurate. 

The second portion of my crazy elliptical workout was hills. It was a tough one!

I wanted the workouts to be consistent so I used the same elliptical on each day. The HR was all out of whack and since I wasn't wearing a HR monitor then I don't know what it really was. There were a couple of times on each day that I was above 180. 

I believe that I officially made the elliptical my b*tch. Yep, I showed it who was the boss. 

BOOYAH!!!!!

I was a little wee bit shaky after this workout so I made a mad dash to Sbux on my way home. 

Questions for you:

What is the craziest workout you have ever done?
Do you use the "s" word?
What is your favorite after workout treat?

--Tasha




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration