Friday, June 29, 2012

#RNRSEA

I didn't run RNRSEA, but I am so glad that I still made the trek over to Seattle for the weekend. It was one of the high lights of my year. The best part was getting to meet some of my NUUNKOTB teammates. I cannot believe that Ragnar is less than ONE month away!!!!!! Meeting some of these wonderful women in person just made me that much more excited to spend the weekend with them in July.


On Friday I went down to the expo when it opened at 10 so that I could get my race bib for Arielle. I was excited to meet her in person! She works at Nuun which makes me super jealous!


Arielle & I


I also got to meet Melody who is just as beautiful in person as she looks on her blog. Will Run for Margaritas was one of the first blogs I ever started to follow last year so I was super excited when I saw on twitter that she was in town working for Brooks at the expo.




Friday afternoon there was a blogger lunch at Elysian Fields. I knew that Megan, Ericka & Nicole were going to be there as well as some of my NUUNKOTB teammates so I was super excited for this opportunity to hang out. I got the chance to meet Stacie & Lauren who will be 2 of my fabulous NUUNKOTB teammates. I also met Julie who was the mastermind at organizing the lunch and Adrian




Nicole and I at lunch (Pic stolen from Laura :-))

Fabulous, beautiful & talented women! (Pic stolen from Megan :-))



Following lunch we went back to the expo for a blogger meet up that featured John Bingham from the Penguin Chronicles (Runner's World). There were so many women there, it was overload! Some of the blogs were ones that I follow on a regular basis. It was great to see Kim and met some women that I had never met before.


John Bingham and Mel from Tall Mom on the Run




Lots of wonderful and talented women bloggers

I also got to meet another teammate- Alanna!

Holly has gotten NUUNKOTB hooked up with some sweet swag (review coming soon on everything!): Fiona Moving Comfort sports bra, Zensah compression sleeves, and SPIbelt. THANKS HOLLY!!!!

I was supposed to go to a blogger dinner Friday night, but I didn't make it because this happened:

Say what?!

I also had the chance to see my high school coach at the expo and at the starting line on Saturday. I owe so much to Jp- he was the best high school coach ever. I would know since I had three of them!

Jp and I 

Bloggers at the start of the race-sadly I am the only one in non running clothes :-(


The weather was absolutely perfect on race day. It made me sad and super jealous. It was IDEAL running weather for me!

I was going to walk to Nuun to spectate, but didn't have enough time to make it over before the race started. I spent too much time chit chatting with people. :-( It sounded like everyone at Nuun had a crazy good time. You can read about it here on Becky's post " Super Crazy Hydration Effort of Excellence and Chaos".


No big deal, I am just a VIP :-)

Instead I used my pass for the VIP tent and drank some hot coffee and had oatmeal for breakfast. I sat and chatted with a guy I met in the tent (Dustin) who was the boyfriend of Shelia Croft. Shelia won the marathon last year and won it again this year. She is an incredibly talented runner AND triathlete. I was excited to have the opportunity to meet her. 

Shelia Croft and me

I also got the opportunity to meet another incredible athlete by the name of Beth Deloria. I am sure that you have never heard of her before, but her story was touching and amazing.Beth is currently in the process of completing 20 1/2 marathons this year and spreading awareness of foot drop with the ToeOFF brace. Her ankle is actually paralyzed and the ToeOFF brace enables her to run- she even qualified for Boston! I am going to be writing a full blog on her later this week. I am hoping I can contact her to get her to write a guest post about her story. 

Questions for you:

Have you ever been to a blogger meet up before? 
What has been your favorite race weekend?
If you raced in high school and/or college do you still keep in contact with your former coaches?

--Tasha







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration