Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Foodie Pen Pal

This month my Foodie Pen Pal was Kristina. She happens to be a pretty big runner who has also qualified for Boston AND is also going through a running injury right now. What a great Foodie Pen Pal for me to be paired with this month! I wished that she had a blog so that I could keep up on her progress, but we have been corresponding through email. I hope that we can both make it Boston and get to meet each other in April!

I always get excited when my Foodie Pen Pal package arrives. It feels like its my birthday every month. Any one else feel like that? Kristina sent me some awesome things!

Granola & honey

Cookies

Soda

Popcorn 

Kristina said that the granola is called "Grandy Oats" and is a popular product of the the NE from Brownfield, Maine. It was really good mixed with the honey OR unsweetened vanilla almond milk. 

The honey was AWESOME. It is almost gone!!! I have used it for my breakfast every morning- adding it either to my oatmeal or granola. It is a local product from Dracut, Massachusetts. 

The cookies reminded me of a biscotti. I have a hard time profiling flavors, but I can say that I loved the flavor. Not too sweet and the perfect size for a snack! They are made in a local family bakery in Worcester. 

Kristina's husband added the soda (how sweet of him!) to my package. The one soda is a ginger brew and the other is Main root beer. Kristina mentioned that the ginger brew makes a good mixer- I will have to remember that. 

The popcorn. Oh my. I LOVE popcorn and Quinn is my new favorite. Thank you Kristina for introducing me to it!!! Quinn says that their popcorn is "reinvented". I think that it really is! It is all natural, GMO and rBGH free. According to their website Quinn Popcorn is: 

Organic corn non-GMO ingredients 
Distinctively sweet, savory & salty 
Microwave popcorn reinivented

Kristina sent me parmesan & rosemary- they key ingredients were parmesan cheese, dried rosemary & canola oil. You can actually read the ingredient list and know what products you are consuming- I like that!

It also contains a pure pop bag that is a microwave popcorn bag with all the impurities (it isn't full of chemicals and bad for you!). It is essentially just a paper bag! 

To make the popcorn you pop it in the microwave and then you add the canola oil and the parmesan & rosemary. Pretty simple, yet delicious!

Check out Quinn Popcorn on the internet and on Amazon. Quinn currently comes in three flavors: Parmesan & Rosemary, Lemon & Sea salt, and Vermont Maple & Sea Salt. I have noticed on facebook that they are hinting at releasing some new flavors. I wonder what they might be?

Thank you Kristina for sending me such a great package!!!! I am looking forward to July already. If you are interested in joining Foodie Pen Pals, I highly recommend it! Check out the info on Lindsay's blog!

--Tasha




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration