I have mentioned before that I rarely or never wear my IPOD when I am running outside. The main reason for this is safety, but also because I find any brand of headphone to be annoying. They NEVER stay in my ears and I spend more time and waste more energy fiddling with them. I am sure my long runs outside would go by much faster if I had some tunes, but instead I use this time to clear my head and do some deep thinking. J
One of the reasons why my last two long runs on my treadmill (15 & 16 miles) were so bearable was because of my tunes. My treadmill has both an IPOD dock and a speaker port so that I can listen to music on my cell phone.
On my 15 mile run I listened to slacker radio on my cell phone to the “hit 90s” station. It is my current obsession. Who doesn’t love a little Ace of Base or TLC???? On my 16 mile run I created a 40 song playlist on my Amazon Cloud Player. This was the first time I have utilized this feature and it was great. Made my run completely bearable.
So, what tunes get me through a long treadmill run???? Here are my top picks that got me groovin’ on the mill….
1. Lady Gaga Alejandro
2. Ass Back Home Gym Class Heroes
3. Cheers (Drink to that) Rihanna
4. God is a DJ P!nk
5. Got 2 Luv U Sean Paul
6. International Love Pitbull
7. Last Friday Night Katy Perry
8. Looks like Sex Mike Posner
9. Loud Music Michelle Branch
11. Meet me halfway Black Eyed Peas
12. Moves like Jagger Maroon 5
13. Mr. Know it all Kelly Clarkson
14. Rain Over Me Pitbull
15. Set Fire to the Rain Adele
16. We weren’t born to follow Bon Jovi
17. Wild Ones Flo Rida
18. You da one Rihanna
19. Take Care Drake
20. Stereo Hearts Gym Class Heroes
Questions for you:
Do you listen to music when you run outside?
What is your favorite workout music?