Monday, November 21, 2011

Marathon Training: Week 10

I had a pretty uneventful week. I was feeling pretty stressed out all week about random things that had nothing to do with my training. Towards the end of the week, I was exhausted and slept through most of the weekend.

I finished reading "Born to Run" on Saturday. It far exceeded my expectations and had me inspired to get out the door and go for a run. The book begins with one simple question "why does my foot hurt" and leads the reader on an epic adventure to search for tribe of the world’s greatest distance runners, learn their running secrets, and in the process shows us that everything we thought we knew about running is wrong. Even after reading the book I still don't think I will make a Vibram Five Fingers purchase, but a lot of what they said in the book about how bad running shoes are for you, I can believe.

I think that I have also decided on what I will wear at CIM. I am planning on wearing my neon Brooks singlet (the one that I was wearing in blog post yesterday) with my black running shorts and black CEP sleeves. I am also going to bring my black NIKE visor, but I am not sure if I will wear it or not.


Monday: Off

Tuesday: SJ class

Wednesday: Interval workout, 4 X 1600 meter repeats

WU- 2 miles in 18:19
1600- 6:08
1600- 6:07
1600-6:00
1600- 6:00
CD- 1 miles in 8:35

I felt pretty good! I wasn't trying to push it too hard, but I still feel like I got in a great workout. I know that whatever running I do now will not change my time at CIM and that I need to spend my time focusing on recovering and eating good food. Carbs anyone????

Thursday: SJ class

Friday: Tempo day!

WU- 2 miles
Tempo- 4.01 miles in 28:48 (7:11/pace)

I really struggled on Friday. I was tired and my heart wasn't in the run. I had to run before work, which is fine,  I just felt that I might have ran better in the afternoon. Oh well, you have to have these workouts every once in a while. They can't all be perfect, right???

Saturday: Off. I was a lazy bum ALL day. I napped, read, napped, and read. Oh, I did have a wonderful massage though. :-)

Sunday: My last "long" run before CIM. I debated whether or not to run my 13 miles on the treadmill because of all the snow and ice outside. At the last minute I decided that running that far on the treadmill would be the death of me so I found my yak trax for my running shoes and bundled up to head outside. I am so glad that I decided to brave the cold. Even though the snow slowed me down a lot, it was so beautiful to be outside. There is something about running the snow; it is very serene and calming.

Total weekly mileage: 26.03 



--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration