Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I hope that everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! This year is the first year I have ever missed turkey day with my family. I woke up this morning and felt super out of odds. I wasn't waking up to the smell of my mom's turkey cooking or all the yummy desserts and other goodies that she baked the day before. I wasn't waking up in my childhood room after having drove to the Oregon Coast from Spokane the night before.

It was a tough decision to decide to stay in town this year and we thought about it A LOT. It mainly came down to having a lot of other stuff going on in our lives this year and my hubby didn't think it would be a great idea for me to be cramped in the car for 18 plus hours a week before my marathon.

This morning I went to my SJ class as usual and then my hubby and I went to our first ever Turkey Trot! It was freezing cold, there was a ton of people, and it was a lot of fun! It wasn't a full 5K, only about 2.75 miles or so. To be honest, we never even finished the course....It was cold and the roads were slippery and I really didn't want to biff out a week out from my marathon. That would be so lame! My hubby of course "gave" his running shoes away and Air Jordans aren't technically running shoes so we only ran about 1/2 mile and then walked the rest of the way. It was different for me, but actually a lot of fun.

Now we are off to Cam's dads house for some amazing food. I hope that everyone has a wonderful day with family. :-)

My hubby and I at Manito Park--It was CHILLY!

Even more people showed up after I took this photo

Hubby with our good friends Paul & Brenda

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration