Friday, July 22, 2011

Thai Coleslaw

Talk about every bite being full of flavor, this salad is mouth watering! Another perfect salad that is easy to complete and perfect for a summer BBQ. I played around with the dressing ingredients, but if you love soy sauce you could use the full amount. I am not a huge fan of it because I think it has a very salty and over powering flavor.

The dressing is so great that I am going to attempt at making it into a thicker "sauce" for marinating chicken in or for dipping. I hope you like this coleslaw recipe as much as me!

Thai Coleslaw

Ingredients
Dressing:
6 TBSP rice vinegar
6 TBSP veggie oil
5 TBSP soy sauce (I only used 2 TBSP and thought that was more than sufficient)
3 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP fresh peeled ginger (I omitted this)
1/2 TBSP minced garlic (I used a full TBSP- I LOVE garlic!)
2 TBSP no sugar added peanut butter (I just used reduced fat peanut butter- I couldn't find "no sugar" added at FM)

Slaw:
1 package brocoli slaw
1 Cup julienned carrots
1 Cup chopped celery
1 Cup chopped red bell pepper (You could use a yellow bell pepper also- I used both)
1/2 Cup chopped green onion (I omitted this)


Directions
Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well into the slaw mixture

Nutrition content
1 cup = 1 serving

Fat 6.9 grams
Protein 1.8 grams
Carbs 8.1 grams
Calories 96

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration