Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yogurt Oatmeal Pancakes

I have been on a huge pancake kick lately. I have found that I love pancakes as a pre-race dinner- no more pasta for me! I recently began looking up new versions of pancake recipes to spice them up a bit. A buttermilk pancake is terrific, but I like a little variety here and there. I came across a recipe for a yogurt oatmeal pancake. Sounds interesting, huh? I tweaked the recipe and decided to try it out for dinner last night. My ultimate critic is Cameron so if he liked them I figured that they were good stuff. He absolutely loved them (actually he wanted more!) and I thought that they were the best pancakes I have ever eaten. They almost tasted like french toast to me, but in a pancake. The recipe is very simple and doesn't contain a lot of ingredients. I hope that you like these pancakes as much as me!

Yogurt Oatmeal Pancakes

Ingredients
1 egg
1 Cup plain yogurt (I used plain fat free yogurt, next time I am going to use Greek yogurt for the extra protein)
2 TBSP oil (I used veggie oil)
1/2 Cup all purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
1/2 Cup oatmeal, uncooked
2 TBSP sugar (I used 1 TBSP agave syrup)
1 tsp cinnamon (I added this to the recipe, it didn't call for it)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Directions
Beat the egg, oil, and yogurt together and add the remaining ingredients. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot griddle, turn when the pancakes are puffy & covered with bubbles. Makes about 10 pancakes.

Nutrition content
Unfortunately I don't have any....sorry!

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration