Friday, July 8, 2011

Go Girl 10K

It has been 1 month since I ran the Helvetia 1/2 marathon. Tomorrow morning I leave for Portland to run an all women's 10K in Portland with Cassie. I have never ran an all women's race before so it should be fun. It has been at least 3 years since I have a raced a 10K so I hope that I am ready for it. 10Ks hurt! You have to be quick from the start to the finish. Not quite as bad as 5K, but I don't necessarily think that 10Ks are my forte. I am mostly looking forward to getting out of town for the night and celebrating Cassie's recent engagement. :-)

This week was a little rough for me. It has been over a month since I bruised my knee and I still feel like I am not completely over it. Wednesday was the first day since June 9th that it didn't hurt when I was running. I am hoping (knock on wood) that the bruising is finally subsiding. On Wednesday I had to do my hill workout when it was 90 degrees outside (I know, not smart on my part) and it was not a comfortable feeling. I barely made it through the workout, but I was determined to get in a good warm up/cool down and at least 8 hill repeats. I felt exhausted and gross at the end of my warm up so that is never a great sign, but it felt awesome to finish. After that I was completely worthless and passed out.

I am hoping that Go Girl will lift my spirits and that next week will be better. On July 17th I signed up for my first 25K. I realize that it is only a week after my 10K, but I plan on using it for a long training run. I heard that the course is beautiful so it should be fun. I am really looking forward to the breakfast that follows the race, nom nom.....

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration