Thursday, June 2, 2011

Banana Bread--Made Over

I capped off my MDW in the kitchen by making banana bread. Who doesn't love a warm piece of banana bread? It is one of my favorite things to eat- it's great for breakfast, lunch, dessert or a snack. Typically a slice of banana bread is pretty high in calories- 1 slice has over 325 calories! I found a banana bread recipe in my Hungry Girl (love her!!) cookbook and decided to try it with my own modifications.

Banana Bread

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup splenda (I used Stevia in the Raw)
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup applesauce with no sugar added
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Spray a loaf pan (about 9 by 5 inches) with nonstick spray (I used Pam). Pour banana bread mixture into loaf pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Ovens vary- I checked mine at 20 minutes and it was done.

This made over banana bread is absolutely amazing. One piece just wasn't enough- I could have eaten 2 or 3 easily. :-)

Nutrition Content
1/8th of a slice:
Fat 0.5 grams
Protein 5.0 grams
Carbs 31.0 grams
Calories 140

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration