Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spicy-Sweet Pasta

Yum- The name of the recipe sums up this delish dish! I give full credit to CM for sharing this recipe- it is form Rocco Dispirito's new cookbook of made over recipes. I added my own touches here and there and it was fab!

Spicy Sweet Pasta

Ingredients
8 oz whole wheat pasta (I used Ronzoni  Heart Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Wide Noodles)
1 1/2 cups low fat marinara (I used Light Tomato & Basil Ragu w/no sugar added)
3/4 cup of roasted red peppers
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup chopped fresh basil (I omitted this)
1 to 1 1/2 tsp of hot pepper sauce (I would lean to using 1 tsp of less)
2 TBS Parmesan cheese
Dash of salt
Dash of ground black pepper

**I also added fresh yellow onions and some garlic**
Recipe makes 4 servings

Directions
Cook pasta according to the package directions.
Saute the onions, add the garlic, red peppers & marinara sauce. Cook sauce until it is heated through. Add half of sauce mixture to the plain Greek yogurt in a separate dish (this will keep the Greek yogurt from curdling), mix well. Whisk in the yogurt mixture with your remaining sauce, adding the hot pepper sauce.

Drain the pasta and toss gently with the marinara sauce. Season with the salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Nutrition Content
Fat 7.0 grams
Protein 14.0 grams
Carbohydrates 52.0 grams
Calories 307

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration