Monday, May 30, 2011

Spicy Ground Turkey Kabobs w/Tangy Yogurt Sauce

This is a recipe that I have been meaning to make for a couple of months now. I decided to make it during MDW when I would be by myself. I wasn't sure if it would be something that Cameron would like.

Surprisingly it was super easy to put together. I made the yogurt sauce first and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. I also prepped the meatballs a couple of hours before dinner and let them sit in the fridge. I am calling them "meatballs" vs. "kabobs" because it was way to cold to BBQ them outside and because I didn't have any kabob sticks.

Spicy Ground Turkey Kabobs w/Tangy Yogurt Sauce

Ingredients
Meatballs
1.25 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 TBS finely chopped garlic
1 TBS fresh mint (I omitted this)
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Yogurt sauce
3/4 cup plain low fat yogurt (I used plain fat free yogurt...I am sure you could use plain Greek yogurt as well)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard (This made the sauce very spicy...next time I would half this amount)
2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro (I omitted this)
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground cumin

Directions
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Form meatballs into 1.5 inch balls and place into a baking pan. I used a little olive oil Pam spray in the bottom of my baking pan. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.

For the sauce:
Combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.

1 serving is 3 meatballs. I used about 2 TBS of sauce for my 3 meatballs. The sauce was extremely hot/spicy, but delicious.

Nutrition Content
Fat 7.0 grams
Protein 20.0 grams
Carbs 4.0 grams
Calories 156

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration