Monday, April 25, 2011

Windermere 1/2 Marathon: Week 8 down, 4 weeks to go

I am starting to get excited for Windermere!!! I keep dreaming that I will have an awesome day and an even more awesome race. Even with the amount of work I have been putting in at the club and running, my legs feel great. I feel awesome all around! :)

Monday: Much enjoyed day off.

Tuesday: Class in the morning and spin later than night. I am starting to get a lot better at spin and I LOVE it. Such a great workout to supplement running with.

Wednesday: Hill repeats, yuckie! I did 10 sets of the hill by SAC...in case you were wondering that equates to 4 miles of hills. Holy moly! I also ran a 2 mile warm up and 2 mile cool down. It was a bit chilly outside, but even at 5 AM it was light outside and quiet since everyone was still sleeping. :)

I was hoping to be done by 6 AM so that I could hit up TRX, but I wasn't so I rode the stationery bike for a while.

Thursday: Class

Friday: I had an 8 mile tempo run. It was awesome, awesome, and awesome. I ran it in a pace of 7:59 which was way faster than I felt I was going.

Saturday: I had class and then I went to Spin. It was a great way to start my day.

Sunday: I was really dreading my 12 mile run. The day was beautiful and I had a million things I needed to get done. I finally went out about 12:00 pm. It was much warmer than I was anticipating and my lack of drinking water the day before hit me pretty good. I felt really dehydrated and the last couple of miles my tummy hurt. I was a little anxious to figure out my overall pace, because I didn't feel like I ran great. My pace covering the 12 miles was 8:18--I WILL TAKE THAT!! Not bad considering how yucky I felt.

This last week was a great week for me. Not only did I meet my goal weight, but I am now below my goal weight by almost 3 lbs. I had productive workouts and I am gaining a lot more self confidence.

On Sunday I went through my closet and got rid of all of my "fat" clothes...what a great feeling!!!

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration