Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Holy Excitement!

Last year about this time I was still holding onto hope that I would be able to run Ragnar NW Passage with Nuun in July. It wasn’t until about the first part of July that I realized that running Ragnar was not going to happen. Naturally, I was devastated. I cried, cried, cried some more and then wrote a tearful email to Mason telling him I would be unable to run. It was one of the hardest emails I have ever written. My physician had originally told me I could run the relay, but then the coach said absolutely not. I personally thought my coach was full of crap and was angry at him for saying no. When I really did get clearance to “run” it wasn’t really puppies and unicorns. I “wogged” 100 meters, walked 300 meters, repeating for 10 minutes, 3 times a week. That hardly constitutes as running or training for a relay.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and sweet Megan emailed asking if I wanted to run NW Passage with Nuun this year. I instantly thought "heck yes", but then realized I needed to make sure I could take the day off from work. A week later I was able to confirm that I could take the day off and so there you have it:

I am running Ragnar NW Passage with Nuun!


I am beyond excited that Nuun thought of me and gave me a 2nd chance. I will fly into Seattle next Thursday after work in time for a team dinner and van decorating. From what I have gathered the team is mostly Nuun employees + few bloggers. We don't have an official team name yet, but I will share it once it has been decided. There are a few good ideas out there.

I do know that I am runner which looks like it will be tough. I heard there are lotsa hills!

--Tasha

42 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! Are you running Ragnar too?

      Delete
  2. AHHH yay! You're going to have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited. I am sure it will be a blast!

      Delete
  3. Sa-weeet! Are you still doing the NUUN Ragnar in Vegas in the fall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for that! Pray I am healed in time for Vegas...would be so fun to do a race with ya

      Delete
  4. YEAHHH!!!! I better see you out on that course!! You are going to have the best time ever with Nuun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I better see you for sure!!!!! We need to get a picture or something!

      Delete
  5. Ooh Congrats! This is great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so, so awesome, Tasha!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura- I am super excited and really looking forward to it.

      Delete
  7. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! After all that went down last year, you deserve this so much!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki!!! I am pumped for the second chance. :-)

      Delete
  8. Yay!! That is super exciting Tasha - I'm really happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's exciting news Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great! So glad you're able to go this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww!! LOVE this!!! Congrats, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats. That is very exciting. I am hoping to finally jump into a relay sometime in the next year. Look forward to hearing about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal, I am really excited about the opportunity.

      Delete
  13. That is great! I am going through the crying stage right now about not being able to run like I want so I can empathize with the excitement you are feeling! Congrats!

    Maria
    Asphalt & Trails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. It will get better for you, I promise. Injuries really only make us stronger. We just don't realize it until after. Hang in there.

      Delete
  14. WAHOOOOOOOGA!!! This is fabulous news! AMAZING! YEEE HAW!!! :D Nuun is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica. I am so excited and I am obsessed with Nuun too!

      Delete
    2. I actually am posting a VIDEO for them on Tuesday! :D

      Delete
  15. Awesome! You'll have a blast, I'm sure. What a sweet way to mark a year of improvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited Amanda! Started packing last night. I don't want to forget anything. :-)

      Delete
  16. that sounds like SO much fun! hard work, but fun... haha glad you got your second chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So excited to meet you and run Ragnar NWP with you! Yeah team nuun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to meet you too Leana! I can't wait!

      Delete
  18. so much fun!! i'll be doing my NUUN race in September :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!! I am also doing Ragnar Vegas in November for my 30th. :-)

      Delete

I love your comments & inspiration