Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Favorites: Round 5

Here we go again. Round 5. What on earth am I getting myself into? Even though I have not officially committed to running the Windermere Marathon in May, I have a plan for it.

Why haven’t I committed?

For multiple reasons, but the # 1 reason is that I don’t want to jinx myself. I need to see how my running progression goes through the first of the year. If I am feeling it and have gotten in some good training runs then I will take the plunge. I still feel a little teensy weensy uneasy about forefoot running. I feel a lot more confident about it now than I did last month, but I still have a lot of work to do. Some days are easier than others and I feel like I could run forever. Other days I really have to will myself to concentrate on my form.

My #2 reason is I need to build up some confidence. I was so confident this time last year. I was really, really confident. Perhaps I was too confident even. Having compartment syndrome knocked me to my core, it deflated me. I know that with time my confidence will come back. As soon as I start progressing my mileage and intensity of workouts I am hoping that my lost confidence will regain itself. Will I be as confident as I was before? I don’t know. Compartment Syndrome has taught me a lot about myself. I think that it was a humbling experience in a twisted way. I am already stronger because of it and I am looking forward to putting it behind me and never looking back.

I got this fancy little thing in my email inbox on Wednesday- Thanks Matt!
Before I officially commit I am going to follow Matt's plan through the first of the year to see how I feel. If I feel good about it and things have progressed to where I feel comfortable then I will register. 

Questions for you:
What has an injury taught you?
Have you ever thought that you might be too confident?

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration