Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Favorites: Cross Training

Cross training. You know you love it! I know it isn't as much fun as running, but you need to include it as part of your training program. It gives your body time to recover in between your running sessions and also helps you to work different muscle groups and gain strength. I know that there are days when I dread having to lift, but I love the feeling after. I love feeling myself getting stronger and improving every month.

I switch up my routine quite a bit, but normally lift three days a week. I usually dedicate one of those days to kettle bells. Kettle bells are the total body workout!

This is one of my favorite workouts that I do a couple times a month:



It is an awesome workout- you really feel it at the end!

I am hoping that we get a gym membership soon because I really need to start adding some pilates or yoga to my weekly routine. It would also be nice to do an actualy spin class and not spin at home while watching hulu every week :-)

I hope that everyone had a fantastic week and that all of the marathoners are recovering from their awesome performances.

I will leave you with this little gem....TGIF

This is what I will be doing today while praying that the day goes by fast
Questions for you:
Any fun weekend plans?
Did you have a rough week like me?
How many days do you cross train a week?
Like using kettle bells?

--Tasha


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration