Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Where did the weekend go?!


I am thankful that I was occupied for most of the weekend so I didn’t have to think about all of the fun I was missing out on at Ragnar with Nuun Kids on the Block. I am still devastated that my stupid compartment syndrome made me miss out on the one weekend that I was really looking forward too. I loved reading everyone’s tweets and seeing the pictures that have been posted. It really looks like everyone had a fabulous time. Not to mention, the ladies were probably the best dressed team and kicked some serious butt along the way. I am definitely proud of all of them!

Friday night Mr. Healthy Diva had his 10 year high school reunion. Have I mentioned how awkward high school reunions are?! Not to mention awkward, but I also can’t believe that we graduated high school 10 years ago. Wasn’t 2002 like last year!? He seemed to have a great time catching up with classmates that had moved away after graduating. They partied into the wee hours of Saturday morning, which definitely made me feel old. 1:00 am is way past my bedtime!

Saturday afternoon I had a bridal shower to attend.  The shower was beautiful- it was the perfect day to celebrate Jenna before she gets married in August. It has been fun to see all of her wedding plans come together over the last couple of months. I have no doubt that her big day will be perfect!

The craziness continued Saturday night because we had a wedding to attend. The wedding was in Harrington, WA which was an hour south of Spokane. I walked through the front door from the shower to freshen up and turn right around and leave again. The wedding was held in the Harrington Opera House. Who knew that small towns had opera houses? The ceremony has hot, as in the temperature. The building was old and it definitely didn’t have AC. As we were walking up the stairs into the room where the ceremony was to take place you could feel the heat. Luckily the ceremony was over in about 10 minutes. It was the quickest ceremony I have ever attended! The reception was held at the bride’s parent’s house in their old red barn. Everything about the reception was absolutely perfect. If Mr. Healthy Diva and I were ever to renew our vows I would want a reception exactly like this one. The decorations and attention to detail were absolutely fabulous.

Fun center pieces on every table

Candy bar



Sunday was my day to catch up on everything, but I had zero motivation. Instead I made hummus for the first time and it turned out great. I will be sharing the recipe soon. I used a plain hummus recipe I found on the box of some lentil crackers and then I added some other items to it. I couldn't believe how much hummus one recipe made! Way cheaper than store bought.



I also have been wanting to make a friendship bracelet that I saw a couple of months ago on Mile Posts. I already had the yarn, so I went to Michael's and bought the clasps to finish it. I think that it turned out pretty good for my first one. I was surprised at how many compliments I got when I was wearing it yesterday.



My new obsession just might be making jewelry now because I also made this:



Questions for you:

What has been your favorite wedding you have attended?
Do you have any crafting hobbies?

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration