Friday, June 1, 2012

MDW

I had a very relaxing MDW. It looks like a lot of you had relaxing weekends or you traveled some place warm and sunny. I had been gone the last two weekends in a row so it was nice to just stay home. I had no real plans except for watching the CDA marathon & ½ marathon on Sunday and a girl’s night on Sunday also. My main plan was to rest and read!

On Saturday I got the awesome idea to organize my kitchen cupboards and clear out some clutter. Oy! What was I thinking?! What I thought would take an hour max ended up taking my whole day! Granted I did take a 3 hour nap mid project and I did take a couple of reading breaks (I finished "Fifty Shades of Freed" and then read the "Running Dream" and "Jeneration X"). I was floored when I found brand new, still in the box with gift receipt Mikasa wine glasses that were a wedding gift. Um, I have been married almost 3 years! Can you tell I hadn't cleaned/organized my kitchen cupboards in a while?

Good excuse to break in the new wine glasses, right?

I also had the great idea on Saturday to drive out to Cheney and work out in the campus rec center. That turned out to be an epic fail since they were closed all weekend. Boo.

They were having the state track championships at Roos Field. Made me reminiscence a little....

Sunday morning I got the girls ready bright & early to head out to CDA so we could watch the marathon. I knew some people running and thought that it might be fun to be spectator for a change. Marathon spectating is not fun. I don’t know how our family and spouses do it! I wanted to run soooooo bad. I was so jealous of everyone who was participating. We hung out for a while and then we each got a Starbucks treat on the way home. The girls were thoroughly exhausted and slept for the entire rest of the day. I guess marathon spectating was hard work for them! J


It was a little too chilly & early to be laying on the beach

They are clearly much better spectators then I am

If I could only get them to both look at the camera at the same time!

Later Sunday night I got ready for my girl’s night out. I was excited because I never go out. I am such a home body! I decided to curl my hair which is not an easy task to undertake. My hair is the longest it has EVER been and it is fine. I have a lot of hair and it would much rather stay straight. Like really straight. Like I don’t need to straighten my hair- it dries straight. This was quite the project to take on and it took me almost an hour, but I think that it turned out pretty good. I don’t think I will have the patience to do this look often, but at least I know that I can be successful with it.

All done up and ready to go out for girl's night!

This drink at the Safari Room was really good! Gin with muddled cucumbers & limes and I don't remember what else. It came highly recommended by the server and is the perfect drink to start of the summer season!

The night out ended up being fun, but downtown Spokane was dead. I think everyone was at the lake since the weather was so nice. I was home and in bed by 11 pm. J

Mr. Healthy Diva came home from “boy’s weekend” Monday afternoon. I spent most of the day catching up on grocery shopping, cleaning & laundry. The joys of being an adult.

Questions for you:
What is your favorite MDW memory?
Have you heard any of Jen Lancaster’s books? Do you find them to be the most hilarious reads ever?
Is it hard for you to be spectator at a race?

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration