Monday, June 11, 2012

Bachelorette Fun

This last weekend I went to PDX for my best friend's bachelorette party. We had originally planned on running the Helvetia 1/2 marathon Saturday morning, but unfortunately I took my first ever DNS. Well technically "I" started, but not really. ;-)

I was super bummed about not being able to run Helvetia because it is hands down my favorite 1/2 marathon. It is become some sort of tradition that we run every year. Luckily Amanda from Runninghood ran an awesome race for me. She is gearing up for another marathon on 7.4 and I couldn't be more excited for her. She is so talented and has a big marathon PR in her.

Cass and I after she ran Helvetia

After the race we went downtown and checked into the Hilton and had our hair and make up done. Word of advice- DO NOT go to a beauty school to have your hair done. EVEN if it is cheap! I was the only one who was somewhat satisfied with my hair, even though it wasn't that great. Thankfully it was only $14. The make up turned out much better!

After hair, before makeup having some cab in the Hilton bar

We went and had our make up done at Macy's which was a lot of fun. What girl doesn't love having their make up done?! The make up turned out a lot better then the hair did. :-)

Goofing off while getting ready

CHEERS!

All gussied up and ready for dinner at the Departure

Me with the stunning bachelorette, my BFF

Dinner at the Departure was absolutely fabulous. Their were 7 us so we ordered family style and each got to sample a little of everything. It was a great idea. All the food was so good, I still can't decide which was my favorite. One of the things I ordered was the pork belly. It sounds frightening, but they are always talking about on the Food Network. It was the best thing I have ever eaten- I HIGHLY recommend!

After dinner we meandered back to the hotel where we took a taxi to Darcelle's. Darcelle's was interesting to say the least, but so much fun. Would I go back? Probably not. Was it perfect for a bachelorette party? Yes.  We all agreed that the high light of the night was seeing Darcelle after the show in regular street clothes walking to his car. He seriously looked like he could have been anyone's grandpa. VERY WEIRD! Still can't believe the guy was shaking it on the stage at 81 years old. WOW!

The group at Darcelle's with Darcelle

After the show we went back to the hotel and pretty much went to bed. It was such a fun night and so glad that I got to plan this for my BFF. When I was leaving yesterday, I realized the next time I see her it will be for her wedding. So crazy!!!

Questions for you:

Did you have a fun weekend? What did you do?
Have you ever seen a female impersonator show?
Any crazy bachelorette stories?

--Tasha





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration