Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Rambles

First I would like to report that I nailed my 800 repeats last night with ZERO foot pain. Yahoo!

Workout called for 1 mile easy warm up (8:00-8:30) 3 X 800 repeats (6:00) 1 mile easy cool down (8:00-8:30). *I added some extra miles because I missed my 2 easy running days this week when I opted to spin to let my foot rest*

warm up--1.6 miles 
800s were-- 2:57, 2:58, 2:55 
had an 800 recovery in between sets 
cool down--2.4 miles

My foot did hurt a touch during the cool down, but nothing serious. I might run an easy couple of miles today and then tomorrow I have 15 miles at marathon pace. I haven't had less than 19 miles on my Sunday training schedule since the first of February. I don't know what I am going to do with all of my free time tomorrow. :-)

Only 15 more days until the Eugene Marathon. Where has the time gone? I decided to order myself and Mr. Healthy Diva t-shirts for the occasion. I hope that they turn out as cool as they looked on my computer yesterday. I used a company called Spreadshirt- heard of them before? Mr. Healthy Diva had ordered my Boston 2010 shirt for them and it turned out great. 



Speaking of Boston, it's in 2 days! I have so many friends running it this year. I am a little bummed that I can't be there to enjoy the experience with them, however, I plan on delegating my day to tracking them. I am hoping that the predicted weather becomes a non issue and that a massive cold front moves into the area. They are all very talented and beautiful women who have trained so incredibly hard for this one day. I have no doubt in my mind that they will run strong and own it. 

With that being said, my countdown to Boston 2013 has officially commenced!

My last random ramble is that I have been selected by Fit Approach to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador!!! All of these women are absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!! I feel so honored to be a part of this amazing group of such talented women. I have been looking through some of their blogs and I have been in awe of all of their accomplishments. 

Be sure and check out Fit Approach and you can even read my bio on their website. I will be writing much, much more on this topic. :-)



Questions for you:

What is the best custom race t-shirt you have seen? 

--Tasha





25 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your run. I have my 2nd half marathon tomorrow. I think Im more worried about this one because I know what to expect! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on sweat pink, I am going to have to check it out, I keep seeing it mentioned on blogs. Glad your foot is feeling better. I have never had a custom race shirt, maybe someday I will :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! I am hoping that with my taper craziness that by the time Eugene rolls around my foot will be 100%. Why does it always have to be something?!

      Delete
  3. Sweet custom shirts!! I haven't made any custom shirts since I was 8 and they were made out of puffy paint, haha. Congrats on being a Sweat Pink Ambassador!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice 800's!! Bart Yasso would be proud! :)
    That shirt site is cool--I think the next time I run Boston (I also ran in 2010, btw) I'm going to make one that says "heartbreak hill is my b*tch!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol- yes I made Bart proud yesterday. :-)

      Love your t-shirt idea- that is AWESOME!!!!! Are you planning on Boston in the next couple of years?

      Delete
    2. No definite plans...I usually run a spring marathon--this year did an ultra, so no chance to BQ. Next spring my husband is riding his bike across the country so that takes priority! So it may be not for three years or so but I definitely want to do Boston again some day!!

      Delete
  5. Good luck on Monday with the Boston Marathon! That has to be so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am not running Boston this year. I ran it in 2010 and hope to run it again next year. I am running the Eugene Marathon on 4/29. :-)

      Delete
    2. I realized after reading your comment on my blog that I had read your post too quickly. :) Sorry about that. The Eugene race is quickly approaching, and I know you're going to kill it!

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of that shirt company before, I'll have to look into that. YOu should have made me a shirt for Boston 2010, too. I ran it that year on my actual birthday :). I should have made myself a special shirt. Darnit. In 2021 it's on my birthday again. Hum....

    Great news that you had no foot pain, let's hope that continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So your bday is 4/19? My best friend was in Boston with me that year and it was her birthday too! Made for a fun trip. Looks like you need to plan on 2021. :-)

      Delete
  7. good luck on your run! Be sure to take a look at my “eat green challenge” starting a week from Monday, during the blog-hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to rock those 800's but even BETTER u did so with happy feet! :) i kno foot pain all too well, so keep on being smart and take care of them so u can continue to bust out those miles. :) oh, i wish i could be in Boston too...alas alas, good luck to all our friends tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not being in Boston this year makes me even more excited for next year! :-)

      Delete
  9. great job on those 800's - but even better is the lack of foot pain! As runners, I think we get so sensitive to ANY pain (or twinge) so having none is a great sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we do get sensitive sometimes. The littlest ache freaks me out- especially when I am training for a big race. My poor physician gets so many "panicked" emails from me. Ha!

      Delete
  10. You will do great on your run! So glad that your foot didn't bother you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No foot pain is brilliant :) Good luck for the marathon, I'm looking forward to hearing more about it now I've discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work on your repeats! I can't wait to hear about the Eugene marathon. I am always excited to hear about the races in the pacific northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that marathon is just right around the corner! I'm new, a fellow SPA, but I'm glad you didn't have foot pain during your speed work! I can't wait to hear how the marathon goes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fellow SPA here :) Nice work on the repeats! Foot pain is a total drag, isn't it? Hope your runs have continued to be pain free so you can rock the marathon next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments & inspiration