Monday, February 13, 2012

Week in Review


I feel like I am starting to get my body back on track….finally! It has been a relief to feeling so much better and to not be experiencing recurring back/knee/hip pain. Thank you Dr. Ray!!!!! My first week of training for Eugene was executed perfectly. Only 11 more weeks to go!

The second most important thing that I need to talk about is TRIXIE! Yes, I officially have named my new and beautiful treadmill!



Monday 2/6: Day off J

Tuesday 2/7: First day lifting again in over a week. I did very, very light weights and nothing over head. Did some calisthenics, but nothing involving weight. Felt pretty good! Definitely taking it easy and not pushing anything. I wanted to use my new kettle bells, but with the treadmill disaster that wasn’t an option so I went to the club instead. I am d-y-i-n-g to use my new kettle bells!!!!!

Wednesday 2/8: Workouts like this give me such an insane boost of confidence! Got up early so I could ice my back and then went to the club to run on the mill.
WU: 2 miles
WO: 3 X 1600 repeats with 400 RI
5:52
5:51
5:48
CD: 2 miles

This was a PR workout for me so it was a GREAT way to start my day. I am not sure if I mentioned this previously, but I am using the same training plan that I used for CIM. It seemed to work for me so I am going to stick with it for the time being. I ran the same exact work out on 9/14 and ran 6:11, 6:07, 6:05. On 11/17 I ran 4 X 1600 in 6:09, 6:07, 6:00, 6:02. I am slowly improving and feeling more efficient with my workouts.

Thursday 2/9: My first cross training session in the new Crestline Gym! You can read about my work out here.

Thursday afternoon I met with Matt who is going to start coaching me. I am excited to have the opportunity to work with him!!! I think that he will be able to take me to the next level that I want to be at as far as running. I made an appointment for this coming week to get my VO2 tested so that he can adjust my current training plan. I have never had my VO2 tested before...could be interesting!

Friday 2/10: I usually don’t do this, but who can resist a new treadmill?! I swapped my long run on Sunday for my tempo run. I did this because I am doing a 5K on Sunday and my tempo called for 3 miles @ 6:34- perfect for my 5K!

WO: 18 miles @ 8:00 min. This was lame-o!!!! I had to get up at 3:30 am to get my run in before work. It was AWFUL. Who does that? I must have turned into a CRAZY LADY! Other than the timing being lame I was right on my pace target of 8:00/miles. It was a great to start to my Friday.

Saturday 2/11: Day Off. I was exhausted from getting up at 3:30 am the day before. I am used to do running long on Sunday so that I can veg all day.

Sunday 2/12: Raced a 5K that you can read about here. I had a 2:07 PR so I am actually pretty excited with that! I got home and ran an additional 8 miles on Trixie. Trying to up my mileage a bit. :-)

Realized that I really need to get back on my JM Six Week 6-pack. I kind of fell off the bandwagon with my whole back issue....BTW the NIKE pro tights = awesome! Got them on sale at Sports Authority :-)

Total Weekly Mileage: 37.29 

Questions for you:


Has anyone tried the new Brooks Pure Cadence shoes??? I want to get them for Eugene, but I <3 my ST5's so I am unsure if I should try the Cadence or stick to what I know works.

What is the earliest you have gone running? I saw some great responses on my FB page the other day. I am hoping that I am truly not crazy. ;-)

Don't forget I have a Facebook page, please like me by clicking here. :-)

--Tasha

2 comments:

  1. Nike Pro tights/capris are my favorite!! Congrats on shaving time off your PR!! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments & inspiration