Friday, September 9, 2011

Running into fall

My fall training and racing schedule is shaping up to be quite busy. My marathon training officially commences on 9/12 giving me 12 weeks of solid training before CIM. Luckily, I have a great training base under my belt from this summer. It will be interesting to see how my body responds to marathon training this time around. I am hoping for the best because I feel like I am in better shape than I have been in the past and I am healthy AND injury free (knock on wood!!!!).

My race schedule has changed a tad, but not too much. Instead of doing a 10K on 10/9, I am going to run a 1/2 marathon. My long run on that day was already scheduled to be 13 miles so I am not making any drastic changes to my plan. This particular 1/2 marathon isn't my favorite- I have ran in it twice and it isn't fun. If you are familiar with the Bloomsday course, Doomsday Hill is at about mile 9. Not fun.

I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow I have Warrior Dash in PDX, Sunday I have Pints to Pasta 10K in PDX and next weekend I have the Sandpoint 1/2 Marathon. I haven't ran at Sandpoint before, but I heard that it is a great out and back course.

The HTC blog is coming....I promise....I haven't organized my photos and thoughts yet, but it is almost done. :-)

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration