Thursday, August 18, 2011

Racer ST 5

I have been putting off buying a pair of racing flats for my 1/2 marathons and upcoming marathon for quite sometime. I got fitted for the Brooks ST 5 back in July when the Calvalcade was in town. I am glad that I had the opportunity to have an expert tell me what racing flat I should invest in because there are so many to choose from!

I finally decided to cave in and purchase the shoes this week, partially because I wanted a couple of other small things for HTC and figured it would be a better deal with my discount if I got the shoes now too. I am so glad that I ordered them now because they are great! One of my favorite things about Brooks (other than the fact that their shoes and gear are awesome) is that I ordered my stuff Monday morning and got everything delivered yesterday (Wednesday). I was so excited to try out my new ST 5's that I completed my 5 x 1 mile repeats in them. They felt awesome! Sure, not a huge fan of the color scheme (why can't they be pink?!), but the comfort factor is huge. They feel supportive, but are light weight at the same time.  All of the reviews I read about them were spot on. I am pleased with my purchase and I might even wear them for HTC next week!






Speaking of my 1 mile repeats....I was a little sore from class on Tuesday (thanks Amy! :-)) so I was really dreading this workout, but I managed to average a 6:37 pace. The pace felt good and I probably could have ran more. I was dreading and apprehensive about the workout because 1 mile repeats are intimidating and it has been years since I have had a similar workout. I am starting to realize that I am much more capable than I give myself credit for. I have never been so focused and determined to get stronger and faster before and I love seeing how far I can push my limits.

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration