Monday, August 8, 2011

Is it really August?!

I still can't believe that it's August, this summer has flown by. I have been busy the last couple of weeks training and just trying to stay focused on my goal in December at CIM. I have gotten in some great runs and some not so great runs. The last week has been a little rough and I can't really pin point a reason as to why. I think maybe I was over training a bit, but now that I have cut back I feel like I am running in circles and not really going anywhere. I will admit I have noticed that I don't feel quite as tired as I have previously so that means that I am letting my body have a chance to recovery between workouts. I am glad that I have Amy to keep me in check. :-)

Last Saturday I had a long run (11 miles). I felt like it didn't go that great, but at the same time my pace was fairly on target so in general it wasn't a bad run. I just didn't feel my best.  Everyone is bound to have what they consider to be an off day every once in a while. They are frustrating, but not every run can be perfect.
I took Sunday off which I felt was much needed. It had been a hard week and that 11 miler took a lot out of me. On Monday I had a 5 mile tempo run. I didn't go until after work so I was already a little on the tired side and it was between 85-90 degrees, which isn't ideal to be running a tempo in. BUT, it was my best and fastest tempo pace to date for 5 miles. A couple of weeks ago I ran a 6:53 pace, but on Monday I ran a 6:48 pace. I don't know where that came from or how in the heck I am getting so much faster. I thought that maybe, just maybe, if I trained hard for CIM I could run in the 3:20-3:30 range, but now I am thinking I can break 3:20 and maybe even run 3:10-3:15.......I know that the summer base training I am building up will be a great foundation to start my marathon training this fall. December will be here before I know it!

I am loving my new Garmin! I have been learning about all of the cool new training features on Garmin Connect over the last week. I am very impressed with everything you can utilize. I figured out how to download a workout to my watch yesterday so I am antsy to try it out and see how it works. I am hoping that it will be easier than having to keep track of the splits and distances in my head. I am not the best with numbers. :-)

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration