Tuesday, August 16, 2011

HTC

As I mentioned yesterday, I am going to be running on a Hood to Coast relay team next week. Hood to Coast or HTC is known as "The Mother of All Relays" and is the largest relay in the world, hosting a capped team limit (1,250 teams) for the past 20 years. HTC is the longest running relay event in Oregon and ends with the largest beach party on the west coast in Seaside, OR. This year will mark the 30th anniversary of HTC!

The relay team start times are staggered by your team's anticipated finish team in Seaside. The slower teams start out first, with the faster teams starting last. My team will start late morning on Friday. We plan to leave Spokane Thursday morning and will return on Sunday. I don't know anybody on my team, even though most of the runners are from the Spokane area. It should be fun getting to know some new runners. :-)

I am ecastic about being on a team because I know what a fun and challenging adventure HTC is.  Each relay team consists of  8-12 runners that complete the 200 miles between Timberline Lodge at Mt. Hood to the beach at Seaside, OR. I ran Portland to Coast when I was in high school and had to run 2 relay legs. One leg was at 3 am down a logging road by Vernonia- I was pretty freaked out!

I already have a mental list of what I need to remember to pack, I hope that I don't forget anything! I had better start laying stuff out as I think of it now. :-)

Here is a great blog about HTC written by Dave Harkin, owner of Portland Running Co.
HTC blog by Dave Harkin

Check out the HTC website...
Hood to Coast Website

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration