Friday, July 1, 2011

Crazy? Maybe.

This last week has been a bit hectic between work and stuff at home. I love that summer is finally here which means that it is finally warm outside! I don't, however, like to run in it unless I have no other options. I would much rather come home from work and unwind while sitting in my lawn chair watching Tia & Maisy play in the backyard. That just seems much more relaxing then sweating it out in 80 plus degree weather on a tempo run. Don't you agree?

With that being said, I hate missing a workout. I find that if I don't get my workout completed in the morning my day never goes as planned and sometimes I end up missing my workout all together for numerous reasons (too tired, something comes up, Cam talks me out of it, etc.). I also find that sometimes I don't run as well at night because I am dragging from my busy day and so the workout turns into a bust even though I do it. If I have to crank out a 7 mile tempo run I want it to be worth something and not be worthless!

My solution, even though it seems crazy, is to get up at 4 am and just get it over with. It's the perfect temperature outside and peaceful, nobody is outside and there is no traffic. I have zero distractions and I can clear my head from all of my jumbled thoughts. I leave my IPOD at home and I just run- it's awesome. If I am out the door by 4 am I can get in my running workout and still hit up a 6 am spin class at SAC. I love it, it's the best start to my day.

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration