Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cherry BBQ Chicken

Wow, this recipe is super good!!!! I have to credit Cassie for sharing this Hungry Girl recipe with me. It is one of my new favorite dinners to make. I made this for dinner the night before the Green Bluff Cherry Picker's Trot- what a festive pre race dinner!

I love finding and making recipes that are both flavorful and nutritious. Whoever said eating healthy doesn't taste good is not looking in the right places! There are great recipes everywhere and many websites are catering towards the healthy conscious individual- I love it!

If you have never tried baking in tin foil for dinner it is so quick and easy. I have made several chicken and veggie dishes using this method. Add chicken, sauces/seasoning, veggies, wrap in tin foil and bake. Pretty simple and you can always switch up your ingredients and get creative.


Before baking...

...After baking

Cherry BBQ Chicken

Ingredients
10 oz chicken breast cut into strips
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Cup sliced onion
1/2 Cup unsweetened dark cherries
1/2 Cup BBQ sauce

**Recipe makes 2 Servings**

Directions
**I put this meal together the night before and let it marinate in the fridge over night**


Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Lay a large piece of tin foil on a large baking sheet and spray with non stick spray

Lay chicken strips in an even layer in the center of the tin foil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and evenly top with the onion

Chop the cherries and mix in a bowl with BBQ sauce, pour the sauce over the chicken evenly

Using another piece of tin foil, cover the chicken and fold together and seal all 4 edges of the tin foil, forming a well sealed packet.

Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked

**I made 3 individual tin foil packets with my Cherry BBQ Chicken instead of 1 large foil packet. It makes it easier to control the portion sizes, but is a bit more work**

Nutrition content
Fat 2.0 grams
Protein 34.0 grams
Carbs 1.5 grams
Calories 294

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration