Saturday, July 30, 2011

Asian Veggies

This is amazing! This is also another Hungry Girl recipe shared by Cassie. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but the flavor was mouth watering. The Asian chili sauce adds a nice "pop" to the veggies. I wished, as you can see from my photos, that I had added more spinach to the veggies. Next time I will double-triple the amount of spinach and then it should be perfect.


Asian Veggies before baking- I love the color!

If you haven't checked out Hungry Girl yet, please do! She has awesome recipes and ideas to make your meals and snacks healthier.

Asian Veggies

Ingredients
**The ingredients listed below will make 4 servings- I only made 1 individual serving**

6 oz of kale leaves (I used a handful of regular spinach....next time I need to add a lot more spinach)
2 red bell peppers, chopped (I used a yellow bell pepper because I already had one)
1 8 oz can of sliced & drained water chestnuts
1/4 cup sweet Asian chili sauce
1 TBSP seasoned rice vinegar
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 sliced carrots
1/4 sliced onions

Directions
Preheat over to 375 degrees

Spray a large piece of tin foil with nonstick spray (I used Pam)

Lay the kale (or spinach) leaves in the center of the tin foil, top with bell peppers & water chestnuts

In a small bowl combine and mix the chili sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and the salt & pepper to taste

Drizzle the sauce evenly over the veggies

Cover the veggies with another piece of tin foil and fold together all 4 sides, sealing the 2 pieces of tin foil together



Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the veggies are tender

Nutrition content
1 serving= 1/4 Cup

Fat 0.5 grams
Protein 2.5 grams
Carbs 22.0 grams
Calories 97

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration