Sunday, June 19, 2011

The worst feeling....

To me the worst feeling is being injured. I haven't been able to run all week and it is just plain lame! It all started last week with a big rush to get out the door for class Thursday morning. While juggling my 3 bags (duffle bag, lunch bag & work bag) and trying to keep the girls from getting outside I managed to whack my knee extremely hard on our sunroom door jam. It hurt so bad it literally took my breath away. I managed to keep my balance and not fall off of the step, but it hurt really, really, really bad! I went to class and naturally my knee was sore and continued to feel sore through Friday night when we got to PDX. Saturday it felt okay until about mile 3 of Helvetia- I ran through the pain of course!

On Tuesday for class it was still pretty sore, but running didn't bother it as much as the lunges did- OUCH! I finally decided that maybe I should have it looked at just in case it was more serious than I thought. Luckily after a quick exam it was determined that I just bruised the inside of me knee pretty good and was told to continue with the icing and to take it easy for the rest of the week. Ugh! Take it easy???!!!! It is now Friday and I am so antsy to go running! Of course I want my knee to get better, but I really want to go running! Boo!

I was finally able to run a 3 miles on Saturday and felt pretty good. I had a couple of pains here and there from jumping on and off the sidewalks. It still doesn't feel 100%, but I would say that I am almost fully recovered. Decided to take Sunday off just because I want to make sure nothing was aggravated from Saturday. I don't like not running and I don't like being injured, but I really don't want to make it any worse. I am the worst person to be injured. I am very stubborn and I don't like to listen. I don't take "taking it easy" very well. I am hoping that laying low this week and taking lots of spinning classes will have paid off so that I can hit the ground running on Monday.

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration