Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shock Week

This week is what Amy Black likes to call "Shock Week". When I first heard her say that, I felt a little intimidated. Pretty much every morning feels like a shock to my system so I had no idea what to expect. This week signifies the end of our 10 week training session. I think most of the people in my group have signed on for the next session as well. Most people will only be going for 2 sessions a week, but I will be going to 3. I feel like I have came a long ways, but I am still not where I want to be....yet.

Shock Week was no walk in the park. We still have a workout Saturday morning, so the week isn't quite over. On Tuesday we did some stairs, but it was mostly ropes and kettle bells. My arms were burning! I mean burning, I thought that they were going to fall off! After I left class I really started to freak out about Thursday since the rumor was a majority of the class would be on the stairs with our kettle bells. Not 1 kettle bell, but 2. Stairs never get easy no matter how many times you run them. Add kettle bells and then it gets really tough!

I tried to rest up as much as possible on Wednesday so that I didn't bonk on Thursday. Our class started with our timed mile on the treadmill. I am proud to say that I took a lot of time off of my mile from 10 weeks ago. I would say that I took close to 3 minutes off. We also did a push up test for 1 minute. I don't think I could have done 10 regular ones back in January, but I did 25 regular ones this time and only 5 on my knees. Hopefully next time I won't have to do any on my knees. After that it was stairs, stairs, and stairs. With our 2 kettle bells of course! It wasn't easy and it hurt, but I survived.

The last 10 weeks flew by! I am looking forward to the next session and hopefully obtaining my goal in that time frame.

--Tasha

1 comment:

I love your comments & inspiration