Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BBQ Bacon Meatloaf

I made this for dinner on Tuesday and it was delish! It was a new recipe for me to try and I was really hoping that it turned out. I have never made a meatloaf with oatmeal in it before, but it was amazing. My husband even got a huge helping of seconds (that means it was REALLY GOOD!)

BBQ Bacon Meatloaf

Olive oil spray (I used Pam)
1 Cup chopped onion
4 Slices chopped turkey bacon (I used Kirkland Low-Sodium regular bacon)
2/3 Cup oatmeal (Uncooked)
1/2 Cup fat free milk
1 Lb extra lean ground turkey OR chicken (I used turkey because that is what I had)
2 Large egg whites, slightly beaten
1 Clove minced garlic
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/3 Cup BBQ sauce

**Serves 8**

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 X 5 baking dish lightly with olive oil spray.
Over medium heat cook bacon and onions on stove top until the bacon is crisped and onions are tender. Once done remove allow to cool.

Using a mixing bowl, mix oatmeal and milk together and let sit for a couple of minutes until the oatmeal begins to soften. Add the cooled bacon & onion mixture to the oatmeal. Then add the ground turkey OR chicken, egg whites, garlic, and worcestershire sauce. Mix the ingredients until they are well combined.

Place the meatloaf mixture in your baking dish and and lightly spread the BBQ sauce over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the meat is completely cooked through and no longer pink.

Cut meatloaf into 8 slices, serve, & enjoy!

Nurtrional Content
Fat 3.0 grams
Carbs 20.0 grams
Protein 35.0 grams
Calories 258

--Tasha

2 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! A great way to help with portion control is to bake your meatloaf in a muffin/cupcake pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I actually thought about doing that the other night, but I was in a hurry. By the time I got home it was already almost 6:30. I was starving so I threw everything together quickly so I could get it into the oven without drooling all over the kitchen. It ended up being dinner for both Cam and I that night and then his lunches for the next two days. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments & inspiration