Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Valentine

I tend to not get all mushy on here, but Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!! 

I was just thinking the other day how long Mr. Healthy Diva and I have been together. We started dating in April of 2004 and then got married in August of 2009. Everyone has a story how they met their Valentine. I definitely wasn’t looking for a relationship at the time I met Mr. Healthy Diva, but I am glad that he introduced himself, even though it did seem bizarre at the moment…..

Mr. Healthy Diva and I met in college at Eastern Washington University. We both lived at the same apartment complex and had mutual acquaintances who told me to steer clear from the blonde guy that drove the Pathfinder. He was supposedly bad news. I could always hear him driving through the parking lot because his music was always cranked up (annoying? yes). Other than that I went pretty much the entire school year never seeing the guy. Fast forward to April of 2004.

In between class and track practice one day I was walking out to check my mail (I was anxiously awaiting for my US Weekly to arrive-college priorities) which happened to be directly in front of his balcony.  Annoying music blaring "bad boy" happened to be outside BBQ’ing. He hollered “hi” to me and I kind of brushed him off. He didn't take the hint because he asked if I wanted to come up and have a hot dog. Of course I said “no” so then he offered me a hamburger and I still said “no”. He asked if he could stop by later and say "hi" if I wasn't doing anything. I said that would be fine. Normally I probably would have said no, but he didn't look like a serial killer or anything. Later that afternoon he did stop by and as he was leaving he gave me his phone number in case I wanted to hang out again. He told me that I would never forget his phone number (to his credit, it is an easy phone # to remember). We hung again that week and after that the rest is history!

May of 2004- right after we started dating

Even though I wasn't looking for anyone special, I am sure glad that Mr. Healthy Diva was brave enough to approach me on that spring day in Cheney. Our marriage isn't all puppies & unicorns, but I sure do love the man.

Mr. Healthy Diva thanks for being my Valentine over the last (almost) 9 years. I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else. Looking forward to our new adventures in life. Love you!

May of 2008 (Bloomsday weekend). This was a couple of weeks after he proposed

Celebrating my 24th birthday

Watching IM CDA

We survived Warrior Dash together

We even ran a relay together the month before we got hitched!

Then we got married!

And went on a fabulous honeymoon to Puerto Rico!

He is my #1 fan and has endured more races than I can count

Every fall you can catch us back in Cheney cheering the EAGS on in football

Questions for you:
How did you meet your Valentine??
Do you have any fun Valentine's Day plans or traditions?

--Tasha

36 comments:

  1. that 2008 picture is the CUTEST picture ever. I love hearing how couples got together! You seem so perfect for each other! :)

    Not to be the weirdo/downer, but i have a zombie movie tradition for valentines day. I had a particularly horrible one 5 years ago, and it turns out, i had a lot of friends that hated V-day and just wanted to watch zombie movies with me. Z-day is now one of my favorite holidays with my friends (single, married, whatever!), haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW thanks Sara! We are kind of goof balls. :-)

      I hope that you enjoy tonight and your zombie movie. It is always fun to have a tradition to look forward to.

      Delete
  2. Awww, what a lovely post - and I loved seeing your photos and hearing how your relationship developed! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to hear how people met. It seems like most of the time someone gets blown off at first. Or they have a funny story to tell about the first time the met, first date, etc.

      Delete
  3. A smart man doesn't stop asking after a woman turns down his hot dog!

    I just love this story, Tasha. It is fun to know how people end up married to each other. You two are a lovely/attractive match and he seems like a great guy- especially after this week :)

    What I like best is that he seems game to do whatever adventures you have in mind. Happy valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! It was really hilarious. The story even got told at our wedding and everyone was cracking up. He was so persistent that my friend Adrienne nick named him "stalker status". He was always calling, leaving notes on my car etc.

      I hope that you have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your hubby and kiddos today.

      Delete
  4. Very cute and guess you are glad you started hanging out with the bad boy! I met my husband at work and totally blew him off for awhile. I'm shy and couldn't imagine he wanted to get to know me and he doesn't like being shot down so he persisted. Worked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Who would have thought. He actually had never approached me before because he thought I was dating the football player that lived next to me. :-)

      Delete
  5. Great pics! How awesome it is that y'all have so much fun together! I met my husband while working at a restaurant in college. We have been married for 10 years now! Hope y'all have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on 10 years! I hope that you two enjoy the special day today. <3

      Delete
  6. I have bitter, single-girl love going on this Valentine's day, but this post is super cute :) You look gorgeous in your wedding pic!! So fit and healthy and glowing!! Awww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry about everything you are going through right now Jennifer. I have sensed that something was up through your blog posts. I hope that you can at least have a nice glass of wine tonight...after crossfit of course!

      I worked out like a mad lady before the wedding. LOL. Doesn't every bride? :-)

      Delete
  7. You're making me tear up - I love me a great love story!!! :)
    What beautiful and super fun pictures. I hope you have many, many more Happy Valentines with Mr. Healthy Diva :)!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are so super cute, i love it! I met my Valentine at the gym - and after he facebook stalked me and met me in 'person' with a handshake, we've been best buds ever since :) He's rehabing from an ankle surgery or two...and I can't wait for him to be by my side again more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute! I love that you met your hubby at the gym.♥

      Delete
  9. LOVE seeing all these photos of you from over the years, you are gorgeous :) Congrats on so many years together, you two are an adorable couple! Happy Valentine's day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine, you are so sweet. I hope you and Tappan had a wonderful date tonight. ♥

      Delete
  10. We actually don't celebrate valentines day b/c when we were dating we broke up on valentines day. still we love each other and it is a fun day to be reminded of that special someone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good day to have that special reminder. Of course we really shouldn't forget in the first place, right?

      Delete
  11. Aww so great!! You guys are adorable!! It's soo great he supports you and your running!! Happy Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day too!

      Delete
  12. This is absolutely adorable! Love your story! Hope you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Nikki. I hope that you had a great day too!

      Delete
  13. I love all these pictures! what a beautiful bride you were!
    My Valentine is also my #1 running fan! He has been to all my races and with both our kids!
    We met at a work conference in 1999. He was living here in Southern CA and I was living in Quebec, Canada..I never thought I would marry an American and leave my hometown..and here I am 13 years and 2 kids later!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline! I loved how your and your hubby met and that he goes to all of your races with your kids. That is really cool! You are a lucky lady. :-)

      Delete
  14. What a great story Tasha! All of the pictures are really great and you guys look SO happy in them. Hope your Valentines was a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! I hope that you had a good Valentine's Day too!

      Delete
  15. we met at our best friends' wedding. his best friend married my best friend and we were both in the bridal party and both happend to live in Atlanta. :) love your story! and that he's such a big support system. we cooked dinner the saturday night after v-day since my sis had her baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious?! That is awesome! I love you how you met. That is really cool. I bet both of your friends that got married were really excited for you. :-)

      Delete

I love your comments & inspiration