Thursday, January 19, 2012

Marathon Trials 2012

I said this before, but what an awesome experience! I met up with some friends from Spokane Saturday morning so that we could do a short run before we got some breakfast. You could feel the excitement in the air everywhere. It was incredible!!!! The way that the course was set up, it was very spectator friendly. They ran 1 small loop and 3 large loops. In the downtown area you could see them twice on each loop if you walked from one block to the other. With both the men and women....that was a lot of walking, but so worth it!!!!

My predictions were almost spot on! I had the women 100% correct, even though I really wanted Desi to win.
1. Shalane
2. Desi
3. Kara

The men I was a touch off...but close!
1. Meb
2. Ryan
3. Dathan

Here some pictures....


We got sweet Brooks scarfs!

Start of the women's race





Go Desi!

--Tasha







2 comments:

  1. Hey I couldnt' write you back to my comment b/c I don't have your email.
    anyway...I used the Run less run faster book almost 2yrs ago. I did it religously for 20wks and didn't PR in my half marathon:( Now... I did the 3 workouts a week religously but those were the ONLY days I ran and I didn't cross train so I think that's why. had I gotten my mileage up I think it would have worked.
    JOhn has me doing lost of easy miles, slow long runs and some progression long runs and then this month it's hills and fartleks but he has 3 stages of 5wks each...so in february my 2 workouts will change..... the last 6wks I will be on the track for one of my weekly workouts. he's super knowledgeable...he has run over 30 marathons and was a low 2:20's marathoner.... Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a
    link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.

    Cheers!

    Look at my page; exercises for vertical leap

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments & inspiration