Sunday, April 3, 2011

Banana split for breakfast? Yes please!

I will admit that I have quite the sweet tooth. I love desserts! I came across a breakfast banana split recipe in my Biggest Loser Family cookbook, but then modified it for myself. I figured that this was a "must" try recipe. It can go either way as something to eat for breakfast or even dessert.

The original recipe called for 1 TBSP of a crunchy high fiber, low surgar cereal like grape nuts. I cut this out on my version because I didn't have any at home and because I am trying to cut back on my carbs. The original recipe doesn't have the protein powder in it, but I added it for a post workout boost.

Tasha's Banana Split

1 small banana (about 6 inches)
1 Cup fat free, sugar free vanilla yogurt (I used Fage plain Greek yogurt)
1/3 Cup fresh cut strawberries
1 1/2 teaspoons of fat free, sugar free chocolate fudge (I used the sugar free hershey's syrup)
1 Scoop of protein powder (I used chocolate, but this is optional. It's great if you are going to eat this post workout)

You can create your banana split however you prefer. I mixed my protein powder in with my greek yogurt and then chopped up both the strawberries and banana and also mixed in. I drizzled the chocolate sauce over the top.

Nutritional Content
Fat 2.48 grams
Protein 48.69 grams
Carbohydrates 39.42 grams
Calories 374

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration