Monday, March 7, 2011

Windermere 1/2 Marathon: Week 1 down, 11 weeks to go!

I just finished the first week of training for the Windermere half yesterday (Sunday). I have never trained for a 1/2 marathon before, even though I have ran quite a few of them. I am looking forward to seeing how I run, with some training under my belt. I don't plan to necessarily "race" Windermere, but I still want to have a decent time.

I was exhausted on Saturday. I made it a priority to get my butt out of bed early every single day of the week and get my workout done before work. Getting up at 4 am isn't easy and it definitely took a toll on my energy level. I have Skinny Jeans Fitness class on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6 am and on Saturday at 7 am. I would typically do my workout after work on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. By leaving the workout until 6 pm it kind of puts a damper on being productive around the house or taking Tia & Maisy for a walk at night. It felt good to start my day off knowing that my workout was done.

A couple of my training runs I had to do on the treadmill because of the snow, but it wasn't too bad. I had a long run on Sunday (7 miles), that felt really good. It wasn't fast, but I also ran a hilly and challenging route. The last 1/2 of my run was much faster and I felt pretty strong and satisfied. I don't think I will have a problem adding more miles to my training. I almost felt like I should run a couple more miles, but then decided that eating breakfast sounded better. :)

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration