Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Healthy Chicken Parm

This is a great, simple, and quick dinner recipe that will become a favorite. It is filling, healthy, and delicious! I love Italian food or anything with cheese so when I find a healthier version of one of my favorites, I always like to try it. This recipe was in my Biggest Loser Family cookbook.

Chicken Parmesan

4 (4 ounce) boneless/skinless chicken breasts
Olive oil cooking spray (I used Pam olive oil spray)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1/2 Cup of low fat and low sodium marinara sauce (I used Ragu light fat free tomato & basil sauce)
6 TBSP of low fat mozzarella
2 tsp of grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350. Preheat a grill to high heat.

Lightly mist both sides of the chicken with olive oil spray and season with the salt and pepper. Grill the chicken for about 3 minutes per side and then transfer to a baking dish.

Heat your marinara sauce and top each piece of chicken with 2 TBSP of sauce followed by 1.5 TBSP mozzarella and 1/2 tsp of Parmesan. Bake the chicken for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Nutritional Content
Fat 3.0 grams
Carbs 5.0 grams
Protein 29.0 grams
Calories 169

--Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments & inspiration